Pomegranate and mint flavored water is an easy way to liven up your drink. When you’re looking to stay hydrated, and satisfy your taste buds, flavored water is a great option. Plus, you don’t have to worry about all the chemical additives, sugar, etc. typically found in store-bought flavored water.
Pomegranate and mint are a festive combination and perfect during the holiday season when pomegranates are readily available. You’ll have this thrown together and ready to chill in 10 minutes or less.
What You Need To Make Pomegranate and Mint Flavored Water
This pomegranate and mint infused water is ultra simple to make. You’ll only need three ingredients.
- Pomegranate Seeds- You’ll need one cup of seeds (arils). One large pomegranate should produce enough. You can also purchase the seeds separately.
- Mint– Use four mint sprigs to add a nice refreshing flavor.
- Filtered Water– You’ll want to use 6 cups of water.
You’ll also need a pitcher and a long wooden spoon.
How To Make Pomegranate and Mint Flavored Water
You’ll be able to enjoy this refreshing drink after following two simple steps.
STEP ONE: MUDDLE SEEDS AND MINT
Add the pomegranate seeds and mint to a pitcher and muddle them with the end of a wooden spoon. This step is important to release the juices from the pomegranate seeds and the oils from the mint.
STEP TWO: ADD FILTERED WATER AND CHILL
You’ll next add 6 cups of filtered water to the pitcher. Place in the fridge for at least an hour to chill and allow the flavors to infuse into the water. Chilling overnight will result in more flavor.
Finally, you have the option to add a few teaspoons of honey and/or a squeeze of fresh lemon.
A nice simple way to liven up your water. It’s also a perfect, festive method to hydrate throughout the holiday season. Enjoy!
Looking For Other Drink Ideas?
Check out these additional drink recipes:
- Watermelon Limeade (With Fresh Mint)
- Creamy Pumpkin Smoothie
- Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Latte (Golden Milk)
Pomegranate and Mint Flavored Water
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (arils)
- 4 sprigs of mint
- 6 cups filtered water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- In a pitcher, add pomegranate seeds (arils) and the sprigs of mint and muddle with the end of a spoon. This will release the juices from the pomegranate seeds and oils from the mint leaves. Add water and chill in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight.
- You’ll get the most flavor-infused water if chilled overnight. This allows the pomegranate seeds to fully release their juices.